Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wooooooooo, woooooooooo, woooooo...

I just blogged about this on longleggedkate, but I think it deserves a cut and paste...friggin' neighbours!
---------------------------
1:24am: Hummm, our bed was so cozy and warm when I woke up during the night. I rolled over to check the time and was so happy to realize that I still had another 7 hours or so in bed. I felt like I had been asleep for hours already. H was well and truly in the land of nod. Everything was very content.

1:25am: As I was awake, I decided that a glass of water was in order, so I carefully climbed over my sleeping man and headed to the kitchen. Once I had navigated my way around the dark and found the cold water tap, I carefully stepped over H and got back into bed. Hummm, 7 more hours...

1:29am: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, wooooooooooooooooooooo. Sorry, didn't you get that? That'll be woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooooooo. Oh yes, some friggin', tossing idiot had managed to set fire to their late night snack and the trusty fire alarm was happy to oblige. Now, I understand a warning, a few woooooooooooooooooooo's. But to keep it going? Seriously, we all know there is an alarm, but probably no fire. Just let me sleep. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. OK, don't then.

1:35am: Wooooooooooooooooooooo, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooo. And then silence. Ahhhh, I love you silence. Er, no. "This is your Concierge speaking. There is a fire alarm on the 1st floor". (No shit, really, fuck, I would have never known. "The fire department has been called. Please remain calm". I would love to remain calm, so calm in fact that I actually fall asleep, but you, Mr. Concierge, keep friggin' talking to me. Shush now will you. And then more silence. Ahhhh yes, the land of nod - I am on my way. Woooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooo, wooooooooooooooooooooo. I guess not then.

1:39am: More wooooooooooooooooooooooing. Apparently, the firemen are investigating. Yay - good for them. Talk to me more Mr. Concierge. Maybe try singing at me. Anything, just stop that wooooooooooooooooooooooooooing, and let me go back to sleep. Arrrghhh, but now my mind is wandering, thinking about every heavy and topical debate ever. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooooooo. That'll help won't it.

1:45am: Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, wooooooooooooooooooooooo... You get the point.

1:51am: Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...and then silence. Maybe this whole hideous wake-up call is now over. Sleep? Oh no, Mr. Concierge needs a final word: "The fire department have given us the all clear". Really? so, no fire then? Surprise me. At this point, I rolled over to whinge at H about the whole scenario, only to find him sleeping like a baby. How he did it I don't know...all I can say is lucky, lucky H.

1 fo'shizzle remarks:

At 11:47 a.m., Blogger KUYAZ said...

my stomach hurts!
ok, the best part was the first couple of woooos and wooooooooos wondering what the hell this wooooooing was! LMAO!
Mr.H was probably in lala land dreaming of the B's winning the cup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home